As Costco week continues, I notice the sprouted corn tortillas left over from my tortilla chips recipe last week. I’m not really a big taco person – lots of ingredients and lots of work for little reward in my opinion – but, scanning over all the goodies I’ve amassed I realized I could make a pretty fresh and tasty taco with little effort. First I need to make a few modifications to my shrimp and tomato salad recipe from yesterday. I’ll bold the differences:
- 6-7 tomatoes, sliced into quarters
- 1 green onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese (or more)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- a few generous pinches of kosher salt
- a few generous grinds of black pepper
- 12-15 cilantro lime shrimp, coarsely diced
- 2 spoonfuls of the sauce from the shrimp container
Toss all the ingredients into a bowl and let stand on the counter for at least 20 minutes. When ready to build your tacos, heat your tortillas in a hot, dry skillet for a minute or two on each side, then move to a place. Place a few thin slices of avocado onto the tortilla with a little pinch of salt to season. Spoon on some of the shrimp and tomato mixture. Top with a drizzle of Super Easy Tzatziki sauce (I always have some in my fridge). These tacos were unbelievable – fresh, full of flavor. I could have eaten 10 of them. It’s the perfect summer meal. And because it’s from Costco you could whip up a huge batch and serve it to a group of friends. The best part for me is that all I did was buy an avocado – everything else was already in my kitchen. Fresh, easy, satisfying – true starving artist heaven.
Stay tuned for more!!